Skip to main content

Fun-filled Birthday For The Boys and Me

As your kids grow older and bigger, you will soon have trouble planning out their birthday parties. It gets more expensive too =P

Toys R Us, cakes, balloons, confetti no longer work. You can no longer play Barney or Hi 5 songs all day long to make them feel special on their very special day. You have to wreck your brain in trying to please them along with the friends and relatives that they keep all at the same time.

Things parents do. Sigh...hahaha

But it was a fun-filled day, though.

Booked ourselves in for a session at Escape Room in eCurve and managed to escape with 4th fastest record for the week at 33:11. I say the kids did mighty fine with that! No fighting or power struggles and they were just focused on one person figuring it, one person unlocking, one person holding the torch and one person slipping through the prison bars because he was skinny enough to do that (Escape Room, take note, haha) and then shouting to the rest 'See ya all later, suckerssssssssssss!' LOL. Don't worry, he had to slip back to this side cause he can't get out on his own.

Bring your phones in with you if you are trying for Escape Room. (Tip: Loads of maths to be done). Use phones as torches. It is dark. Torches not provided, I think. If the ones we had were provided by Escape Room, the torches sucked. I downloaded a torch app right there inside Prison Break room and switched it on. LOL. Anyway, if you are going for it, good luck! Tons of fun and incredibly challenging.

Please don't take pictures or videos and spoil the fun for everyone else. Pictures and videos are not allowed, anyway.


After that, we had some food and played loads of arcade games which includes DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and loads of shooting. I think the kids are just happy to be let loose all around the mall and the games with an unlimited credit to the card.

It didn't end there because I took the kids up to play a few rounds of bowling....with the bumpers up. LOL. This way, no one gets unhappy and anyone can get a strike even if they intentionally rolled the ball straight towards the gutters. And man, I feel sorry for the bowling alley. Lots of ruckus, popcorn everywhere, kids rolling on the floor running all around like they are on coke, ketchup, Milo and french fries on the benches.

It ended right before dinner and I think everyone's kinda bushed. I know I was.

But my day didn't end there. Old friends from school days have been trying to put together a small-ish gathering. We have not seen each other for...some of us....since schooling days? I pulled out of the gathering because I knew it was going to be a tough day for me.

By the time I reached home, I thought to myself, 'You know what? For all the serving that I have been doing the whole day, I am going to be served tonight'. Without bothering with makeup and changing of clothes and I don't care that I stink  or whatever, I joined the gathering a little late.

I am sure glad I did.

Had tons of fun of my own, and it was really awesome to see some old friends from bygone days. More to come. =)


There were guys at the gathering, it's just that...the girls are so pretty, aren't they?

Love,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe