Skip to main content

Let's PAWS for a Minute

After all the hoo-haa about Selangor's Main Man (Menteri Besar to us over here), after all the confusion, delay, fire here fire there, Klang Gate here Klang gate there, so, Azmin Ali became our Main Man.

Honestly speaking, many of us here are not into politics. We don't know what the F is going on when someone wants to put someone up there, maneuvering like a stealth aircraft here and there. The lot of us are just.....???????.....

Anyway, our current Main Man is putting up all the right stops so far, say whatever we want. But one really good thing he did (HUGE CLAPS FROM ME) was to put a stop an eviction notice slapped on PAWS. I am not sure why PAWS, a long-standing Malaysian animal shelter, got an eviction notice and how it happened but this is an animal shelter. Giving it a very short-notice eviction notice is really kind of inhumane, regardless of what the shelter did. There could be another story behind all of that but as it is, we are not privy to it.

Still, no matter how you look at it....relocating 600 animals (and some more) in a short period of time? Relocate or euthanize?

An animal is an animal. It is a life.

To add further credence to the act would be the fact that Azmin Ali is a Muslim. And the shelter houses lots of animals which includes....gasp....dogs. I don't even want to go into this topic because it was such a huge thing that Human Rights Watch was on it, Wall Street Journal was on it, The New York Times was on it, CNN was on it....I want to hide myself. LOL

So, was kind of happy that he did what he could, or at least he stood up and and said 'hey, wait...hang on, let's talk about this'.

I was happy with the news but....


....why are 14% of the readers 'angry' about it?

This world is funny...I hope they were angry that the eviction notice was even typed out at all.

Anyway, it's school holidays over here. Have fun on the roads, peeps!

Love,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe