Skip to main content

First, See Me for Who I am

I saw this post by Timber Hawkeye on Facebook and decided...what the hell...might as well post it. I was called 'hippie' by two of my closest friends recently and I was kinda intrigued with WHY I was labeled as such that I actually Googled it up.


Presumably because I don't do things the conventional way, I hug trees, love world peace, make my own soap, recycle and dress whatever way I want and I don't believe in heels nor manicures. I will wait for them to correct me on this, lol.

As mentioned by Buddhist Boot Camp, he went to gym all the time and started attracting people who loved his physique, his car and his fashion sense. But it is not the fault of those who were attracted to him, and yet he was upset that that was all they saw in him.

I used to do the same too but mainly because I was a singer. My job was to look good and entertain.


I don't know why I have this picture on my side table but yes, that's how short a skirt can get before you start showing your underwear. lol

If you have ever been in the entertainment industry, you will get this (with a wry laugh)  - when you are dressed like that, especially if you are a woman, you are inviting trouble. I don't mean to say the same about rape and other stuff but 'trouble' as in....stares, looks, invitation to grope mostly. And yes, I have been groped so many times, especially when men get tipsy, that I have lost count. It came to a point when I started asking myself why it didn't bother me as much anymore. Why did the guys laugh it off when they were groped too...yes, men. Being groped?

We are entertainers...and this is...gasp....expected. You get money stuffed down your bra and you are required to shimmy when the 'clients' ask you to, do the Shakira or whatever.

Over time, people don't see you as a singer any more, just someone who is donning that bloody short skirt and skimpy outfit on stage....who is singing something that is NOT off-tune. lol

I am not saying that I hate singing or the stage. I will always love the stage and singing. I am saying that I have taken my integrity back.

So, my friends can call me anything they want (no offense taken, really - in fact, I think I like the hippie label) but as long as I dress and behave the way I want to, I will attract the right people. If all they see is a skimpy skirt or a man's buff body, that is going to attract people who are attracted to that.

And I am done with assholes. Simply because assholes are attracted to skimpy clothes. I am not saying ALL men are assholes but a large number of assholes think improper thoughts when they look at women in such short skirts...and they can and they do. Reality check. =)

What I want to attract are nice people, humble people, kind people, people who treat others properly and with good manners and I shall dress in t-shirt and jeans until I find someone worth wearing a short skirt for. As and when it makes me feel good.

And if I decide to 'flaunt what I've got', it is because I have decided to do just that.

See me first, for the person that I am, and then I will show you another side of me that you will appreciate, not the other way around.

Love,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe